Saturday, July 22, 2023

Lifes A Beach


I made this beachy card by first cutting an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of lost lagoon cardstock in half at 4 1/4 and scored at 5 1/2.  I used a panel of thick basic white cardstock for the front and the inside.  I then used my water painters to get the pretty sky, water and sand.  I used boho blue, lost lagoon and pecan pie.  I could not lot locate my bird stamps so I used a sharpie to just draw them in (not too shabby, but pretty easy),   I used the colorful seasons stamp set for the cute little beach chairs and the little drinks next to them.  I used a scrap of basic white that I stamped the just breathe onto and trimmed down then cut the banner end using snips.  


 For the inside white panel I stamped one of the adorable chairs and the sun, which came from I am almost positive it was the march paper pumpkin kit.  I just love my paper pumpkins!!  The sentiment Life is a Beautiful Thing was also in this set.  I love the images in this set but the sentiments are so pretty.  They are a great size and such a beautiful scripty style.  I was worried my watercolor was not going to turn out at all but I was suprisingly pleased with how it looks.  I love the beachy feel of this card.  Makes we wish I was there.  Can practically smell the saltwater from here.  
I will be submitting this card to the following challenges:

Night Owls Challenge- Challenge # 27

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful and adorable! This is pure relaxation. :)
    Thanks for joining us at Nachteulen Challenge. Good luck and all the best!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! I love the little beach scene you created. Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wie schön und auch in der Karte gibt es noch einen Liegestuhl zum relaxen.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den "Nachteulen schaffen schönes“!

    ReplyDelete

Lattice

I made these lattice cards after watching Gina from Gina K Designs make them.  I have made a much simpler version several times so seeing th...