Friday, July 21, 2023

Celebrating Sunflowers


I recently purchase this sunflower set from facebook.  Its a retired set called celebrate sunflowers and I love it.  Im always on the lookout for older retired sets from them because I love their products, everything is the highest quality, they are also comparable in price if not even a little less expensive that many other brands available not to mention many of their retired sets are absolutely gorgeous.  Sorry, going off on a rant.  Lets get back to why we are here, this beautiful card.  I started off with half of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of mango melody, I cut it in half on the long side leaving me 2 card bases that when scored and folded at 4 1/4 they will be sized at 5 1/2 x 4 1/4.  I then stamped the largest sunflower in memento ink along with the leaves and using my water painters and ink refills colored in the sunflower with mango melody, the center with a new in color, copper clay and the leaves in one of my new favorite colors, lost lagoon.  I stamped the sentiment from the set in memento tuxedo black and matted that on a panel of copper clay (cant remenber the exact sizes but will update after measuring)


 For the inside I adhered a sheet of basic white after stamping this time in mango melody and lost lagoon.  I liked the way the same flower looked stamped on my choice of colors and not painting or coloring everything in.   This sentiment also belongs to this set and looks beautiful.  I love the words available with this set, the fonts are so beautiful and scripty.  Over all I am so happy with the first card made with this lovely bundle and see many more in the near future.  
I will be submitting my sunflower card to the following challenges:

Paperminutes- Sunflowers

2 comments:

  1. Deine Karte ist wunderschön geworden und gefällt mir sehr gut. Schön, dass du sie bei Paperminutes zeigst.

    LG Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I love sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete

Lattice

I made these lattice cards after watching Gina from Gina K Designs make them.  I have made a much simpler version several times so seeing th...