Friday, August 18, 2023

Black and white christmas


I started this project with a panel of basic black cardstock 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 and a panel of basic white 2 x 5 1/2.  I used the detailed snowflake stamps from the sparkling snowflakes stamp set available in the new mini catalog from stampin up September 6th, placed both panels in my stamparatus, covered the black and stamped the white panel in versamark after positioning my stamps where I wanted them.  I stamped with versamard x 2 then added black embossing powder and set with my heat gun.  I then stamped with my stamps in the same position with versamark onto the black panel only, applied white embossing powder and heat set.  Then I stamped and embossed as above after stamping to fill in open areas.  


I stamped the sentiment also from the same stamp set on basic black and applying white embossing powder and heat setting.  I used my paper snips to cut around the sentiment and after doing that it just happened to fit perfectly in the space on the white panel.  I used dimensionals to adhere it to the white panel and the white panel to the black.  I used stampin seal + to adhere it all to the front of an A2 basic white thick card base.  I love this stamp set, instead of dies the set has a punch available if you purchase the bundle which would also save you 10%.  It is an adorable snowflake tag topper and I love it too.  Im very happy with the way this turned out and will definitely be sending this at card time!!


I am submitting this project to the following challenges:


 

3 comments:

  1. Black and White in a brilliant way!! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and how creative you were with the snowflakes, love the way you carried them across the card. Thanks for sharing with us this week at 52 CCT. Smiles, Kathy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful black and white Christmas card. Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete

Lattice

I made these lattice cards after watching Gina from Gina K Designs make them.  I have made a much simpler version several times so seeing th...