Sunday, August 20, 2023

Fall Vibes


I began by cutting a panel of basic white card stock 4 x 5 1/4, I then took a large post it and riped in half then placed it on the panel and blended mango melody and crushed curry inks onto the middle area with blending brushes.  


After achieving the blend I was happy with I used pumpkin Pie to stamp the largest leaf and the 3 connected leaves from the gorgeous leaves set by stampin up (retired).  This was my first time using the torn paper as a mask technique and I must say I really enjoyed it.  I only recently began blending inks and its very relaxing.  I can get lost in it and totally lose track of time.  I feel that all 3 ink colors while very different are all in the orange family and therefore very good for a fall theme.  I found the insidse and outside sentimentsin the hello harvest stamp set from stampin up (retired) and felt they worked very well on this project.



On the inside I simply stamped one of the large leaves matching the outside leaf in pumpkin pie and using memento black ink stamped the sentiment directly to the card.  When I was finished working on all the elements I used liquid glue to adher the panel to a standard A2 card base.  I had considered embossing for a bit of texture but did nit think I would have been happy with that look at all.  I love CAS cards that are really just stamp, inks and paper and this one is definitely those things, clean and simple.  I will be submitting to the following challenges:




 

8 comments:

  1. a perfect autum card, great job.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More.
    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fall card for the LIM challenge

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect card for this time of year, well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the autumnal colors on this gorgeous CAS card.Thank you so much for sharing with us at LIM.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

  5. How lovely! Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !!

    lovies, =o) kel
    APTS DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect fall colors and a gorgeous CAS layout. So glad you shared this beauty with us at The Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super autumnal design. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More.
    Lynne ( LiM DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a clever design Jill. I love the clever panel you've created for your card. So eye-catching! Thanks so much for sharing with us at LIM Challenge. Have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Lattice

I made these lattice cards after watching Gina from Gina K Designs make them.  I have made a much simpler version several times so seeing th...