Friday, July 21, 2023

Sweet and Cool


I made this card using the SIP (stamps, ink, paper) method and am so pleased with how good it turned out!!  I used the Super Cool stamp set from Stampin Ups 2023-24 catalog.  I love this set, it has some of the cutest little treats in it.  I simply used half of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of basic white thick cardstock.  I cut it in half at 5 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.  I did add a 3 1/4 x 5 1/2  panel of basic white on top of the thick white just to make sure my ice creams were stamped as straight as possible and to add a little interest which I feel like it added more than i could have imagined.  I stamped the cones in berry burst, tahitian tide and gorgeous grape.  I used a scrap of white to stamp the Sweet then cut it to size and used my paper snips to cut the banner.  I stamped you are so in black directly on the panel with the cones. 

    
For the inside I decided to stamp the pop bottle in tahitian tide and the pretzel in pumpkin pie.  I also stamped the hey there in tahitian tide, that sentiment is from another stamp set by the name of artfully layered.  It has retired I'm almost positive but its still a beautiful set that also had coordinating dies that are lovely as well.  I really love the way this all together and I also love how quickly it was done.  I have recently discovered that I am enjoying the SIP method of cardmaking because one does not need a ton of supplies to make absolutely beautiful cards.  If you just have a few things you can.  I also love that any skill level can do these with ease from a total beginner to the most advanced crafter.  I would encourage everyone that has 10 minutes to spare to pull out a couple things from your stash and make a beautiful card and send it someone, its guaranteed to put a smile on their face and probably yours as well!!

I will be submitting this to the following challenges:

Try Stampin' on Tuesday- Challenge 615- Cold Treats

Try It on Tuesday- Choose 3 Colors

Unicorn Challenge Blog- No designer paper


6 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Crisp and clean stamping in the 3 colours. I'm a fan of CAS and you've nailed the look here! Thanks so much for sharing with us at TIOT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic CAS card with your three colour choices, thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the CAS on this! Thanks so much for taking the time and playing with us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday!
    -- Dalis
    http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill... Love your sweet card! Nothing better than ice cream in this heat! Stay cool and thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card so perfect for summertime! Thanks so much for playing along at I spy with my little eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stylish card with gorgeous sweet treats on display! love the multi coloured stamping on your icecream cones. Thanks so much for joining in with I Spy With My Little Eye challenge.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete

Lattice

I made these lattice cards after watching Gina from Gina K Designs make them.  I have made a much simpler version several times so seeing th...