Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Merry and Bright


I started with a 4 1/4 x 11 ( half sheet) of basic white thick cardstock, scoring at 5 1/2.  I attached a panel of 4 x 5 1/4 the new merry and bright DSP from stampin up.  I used the deckled edge dies to cut out the center to create my aperture.  I then used the merry and bright dies to cut the lights and light string out using scraps of pretty peacock, daffodil delight, pumpkin pie, sweet sorbet, garden green and azure afternon cardstocks.  


After attaching the lights to the string I then adhered then to the inside and the front using liquid adhesive.  I then used the merry and bright stamp set to stamp the merry christmas in real red and the to you and yours in evening evergreen then just cutting out using paper snips.  The piece of cardstock used to bring the whole tent look together I cut basic white thick cardstock to 3 x 4 1/8 and with the 3 inches at the top scored every half inch.  I then folded this into an accordian fold and adhered to the botton so my card would stand properly.  I love the bright colors of the merry and bright DSP and the fun stamps and dies.  These are all available at a 10 % discount if you buy the bundle in the mini catalog from stampim lodge.  I will be submitting to the following challenges:

3 comments:

  1. So nice to see a new contestant! You made a wonderful, modern and very festive Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at the Liftchallenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and colorful liftcard you made! Thank you so much for joining us at the Liftchallenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely christmas card Jill! Thank you for joining us in the lift challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Lattice

I made these lattice cards after watching Gina from Gina K Designs make them.  I have made a much simpler version several times so seeing th...